When you love you should not say, "God is in my heart,"
but rather, I am in the heart of God."
当你沉浸于爱情中时,你不要说,"上帝在我的心中",而是说"我在上帝的心中"
And think not you can direct the course of love, for love,
if it finds you worthy, directs your course.
你无法指出爱情的方向,而爱情,当它发觉你够资格,自会为你指引方向.
Love has no other desire but to fulfil itself.
爱情除去自身,别无所求.
But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:
但当你陷于爱情中,沉溺在欲望里,那么请听从欲望的指引,
To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.
融化,如同在夜间吟唱,流淌的河流,
To know the pain of too much tenderness.
这疼痛过于稚嫩,
To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
它由你对爱情的体悟而生,
And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
快乐,并心甘情愿地献上鲜血.
To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;
它由晨曦时带着翅膀的心唤醒,向爱情的另一日致谢,
To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy;
它在午时休憩,思索爱情的喜悦,
To return home at eventide with gratitude;
在黄昏时分满载感恩之情回到家中.
And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart
and a song of praise upon your lips
随后它怀着对心中挚爱的祈祷,和你唇边的歌谣坠入梦乡.